My sister had a baby shower over the Thanksgiving holiday. Since I live out-of-state, I was not in attendance. However, I wanted to send a personalized item versus purchasing something from a store. So... the wheels began turning when watercoloring and drawing in my art journal. I knew I wanted to make a framed artwork that was simple, delicate, and CUTE!
So I began by preparing my work surface. Simply cover two(2) 5x7 flat canvases with blue paper (She's having a boy!) Apply gesso in area of drawing as well as use punchinella to make dot details.
Once dry, I sketched out the images.
Next, I applied Neocolors II Watercolor crayons to the picture ...and watercolored. I, then, let it dry overnight before applying a coat of ModPodge to avoid smearing.
Final step is to simply add in details and whimsical charm.
When complete, you can place in a frame or simply add a piece of ribbon to hang.
Simple handmade idea with heartfelt sentiments behind it.
Happy Creating!






No comments:
Post a Comment