Monday, July 29, 2013

WHAT A DAY: July 26, 2013

,
IT'S HERE!!  THE ELECTRIC RUN!!

At work, the girls in camp were very exciting to mark up my arms and face ..and back...and ears...and neck with neon face painting & face tattoo stick ons.  (Okay, I did the tattoo part)

The final result
(and can you believe I am on my knees and the lil girl Charis on the right is 8 years old.  Tiny little ball of spunk. Love her!)

Once I was home, I had to wash off the paint...it was rubbing everywhere and not staying on.  So I knew I was going to be sweating...so took it off and finished my look with a "HI" "BYE" shirt + lots of neon elements (hair, sunglasses,earrings, bracelets, necklaces)  The race gave us these neat motion triggered LED bracelets too.  They also gave us a pair of neon glasses which CJ accidentally broke and it squirted in his eye, mouth and nose.  Luckily it was a minor setback and no ER was required. So we didn't wear those.
.
We left around 8 pm to go to the race.  There was a Lil Wayne, TI, & 2 Chains concert that same night nearby...so that added on to 20,000 race participants = A LOT OF TRAFFIC. Luckily we avoided it all :)

 
Walking to the race start line, CJ made a comment about no one wearing their race shirts.  I made the joke "yeah, because no one can probably fit into them."  I ordered a Ladies XL, and it was like a Youth Large.  Come to find out, my joke was reality.  The race used a different vendor and the shirts were all too small for a majority of people.  Apparently, CJ was the exception, so he wore his with some neon yellow shorts.




The starting line corral.  Music was playing and lots of freebies handed out.  Many were not paying attention, so CJ & I snuck through the line pretty fast.  Some people had strollers, kids, etc. so not sure how their tolerance held up, but we waited about 20 minutes to start.



The first element of Neon was after about a 1/2 mile jog.  You came through tunnels of changing lights.






Me taking a "Selfie" as CJ went ahead while I breaked for pictures.

Next element was these large balloons (can't think of the name right now) that dangled from above through a tunnel and then out into the tree area which also hosted a Neon Image for photo ops.  CJ knew I wanted one of us so he stopped and waited in line until I caught up. Such a sweetie.



Not the most appealing photo of me especially while I held the hat I scored and my "fanny pack" around me.


And then off we went, running together for a while, but then I had to take a break and CJ jetted to the finish line. Of course I took several more pictures.
Ceiling lit up with glow sticks.

Table full of neon cups and water/Rock Star Energy drinks.

I think this was my favorite part.  Umbrellas with soft neon lights....all through a tunnel and various parts.  Just really magical.

At this point, I thought I was almost to the end, and called CJ to tell him I was almost to the end.  Well, that was far wrong.  Maybe it was a sign when the song, "I'm a Loser Baby" was playing while small bubbles were blown out of the sides.

So after another 800m, a light that I thought once again was the end of the rainbow, was a decoy, but so worth it.  Scored some neat photos, but some didn't turn out thanks to some not so great photo takers.


So I ran maybe another mile (I think the race was more than a 5k) in the dark, along the speedway track, around a curve and into another corrale.  And there it was.....


THE FINISH LINE!


Due to the mass amount of people and the long lines for food, we exited the race to avoid traffic, but it appeared to be a pretty good rave for many out there...and the music was great. 


But off to The Cookout for late night dinner and shakes we went :)


Thanks for a great memory and getting fit while having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment