The Fremont Family YMCA hosted a 5 mile Turkey Trot....
I, however, did not make the 8:30 am race start...(I knew I was not about to run/walk in that temperature at that time for an hour+)
So I decided to head out on the country roads to complete my own "race"
....ONLY WINNERS HERE :)
I headed out towards the East.
![]() |
| (house that I stopped at the time I got stuck in the snow several years ago. ....don't think I would have made it around the corner.. SOOO THANKFUL FOR THAT BRIDGE!) |
![]() |
| (road that the car was stuck on...I think I had to walk about 1/2 mile...not fun) |
![]() |
| (creek down the road with a small bridge) |
![]() |
| Stopped at this end and turned around and ran back West. |
![]() |
| (past my Great Aunt's house....and all the cattle standing proud) |
![]() |
| (the grove to my parent's house...I didn't know how awesome the clouds looked until I saw the pics) |
![]() |
| (my grandparents' house, my mom's childhood home...now occupied by a different family, but still the same house on the outside) |
![]() |
| (yes, there is a paved highway nearby + snow still on the ground :) |
I ran to this bridge on the highway showing the creek that goes behind the field near my parents.
And then turned around and headed back home (and yes I was freezing with my hood pulled to where I couldn't see)
Ran around the island and the farm to get to that 5.00 mark.
![]() |
| (couldn't get everyone's hands in the pic, but this is on the "Big Shed" entrance...also near my ole dog Roxie's gravesite) |
![]() |
| (a lil corn cob HEART) |
AND DONE!
5!!
TIME TO UN-THAW & EAT LEFTOVERS!





















No comments:
Post a Comment