Monday, April 7, 2014

INSPIRED ARTIST: Day 1

For the LOVE OF ART!
It's INSPIRED time with Donna Downey. LOVE HER!
And who wouldn't with such goodies waiting for us upon arrival..and great participants ready to dig in.

After a ANOTHER delicious meal from Grandma Cookie, we went through all kinds of mediums, materials, and plethora of information by the lady in pearls, Donna.  Such a wealth of information and one of the 5% who knows how to mix paints. :)  I felt so overwhelmed with all the information and materials in front of us, so I told myself....JUST DO WHATEVER...GO WITH THE FLOW AND LET GO!
And I DID!!!
The first step was to apply gesso to all sides.  And once again, a genius idea from Donna to use a mini paint-roller to apply.  So much faster, easier, and hardly any drying time. YAY/


And then it was just time to
PLAY! PLAY! PLAY!

I can't believe how much we all did in the time we had.
And this was just the first layer to the pages...Wait to you see what they turn into.
CRAZY!!









It was lots of stencils, tar gel, pumice medium, matte medium, heavy gesso, black lava, neons, Golden Fluids, glass gel, fiber paste, gold mica, and on and on.  Donna carries so many goodies in her shop

And then it was time to go home and decompress while planning on what to do tomorrow, what to try out....hence I was up until 4 a.m. with my mind going. So I went ahead and used the Molotow white marker to doodle on the Moleskine from class.  Love it.

And I snuck in my 2014 One Little Word...HELLO

No comments:

Post a Comment