the inspiration:
the supplies:
I found this on clearance at HomeGoods for $6 a few years ago, not knowing what to do. I just knew it was cheaper than buying wood and putting together a pallet board & hanging materials.
Initially, a wooden girl, lifeguard chair, and life saver were on top, but I ripped it off.
the process:
Spray painted white over entire board.
Areas of the glue didn't take well, and some paint was already chipping off.
I created a template to use for sizing matters to get an idea of the location on the pallet.
Prearranging the spools before gluing everything down was key.
It took about 3 tries to get it the right location and shape I wanted.
Along the way I found this spool with my name on it so I had to keep it aside for something special.
Using a hot glue gun, I started with the outline.
Then filled in the heart before gluing...
but I then decided the heart was too big for the initial idea and left the outline as is. I plan to add a family photo or collage inside. Perfect in my opinion!
I took the "Alison" spool and faced it forward next to one with a star on top.
Adding a personal touch to resemble a punctuation of a period. Thus the symbol is making a statement such as LOVE, ADORE, EMBRACE.
And the final result is completely ADORABLE!
And hung with care!!














No comments:
Post a Comment