Tuesday, January 27, 2015

WHAT A DAY: January 27, 2015

HELLO, SNOW! & colder weather.
Today, I didn't want to miss out on breakfast, and it definitely was not worth missing.

After bundling up, I headed out of downtown to The Little Loomhouse.
Churchill Downs was on the way, so I snapped a quick pic
along with some cool fence weaving at a school.

And then amongst houses and a community, this picturesque scene appeared with quaint cabins nestled among the trees.  Just Charming!

Stephanie was a complete joy to learn from and gain knowledge on the basics of weaving..plus we had such fun chatting about art, life, the Midwest, etc.  She is from Oklahoma.  Small World!
Once leaving The Little Loomhouse, I needed to pick up my blown glass.
(it took a day to cool down obviously).  So instead of walking, I parked near the waterfront near Museum Row...and of course snapped several pics around town again.

Also stopping at the Kentucky Museum of Art which hosted a Loom & Weaving display that I missed by 2 days. So bummed :(



And since I had time to spare, I decided to stop and explore the Muhammad Ali Center.
Notice the images on the mosaic piece?
....I didn't notice them until I was looking through my pictures.
And apparently people come from all around to leave me messages.
Thanks Cynthia and Jewel :)


Our hands were a perfect fit....coincidence...I think not.














The entire museum was truly inspiring and a wealth of knowledge.  I highly recommend going if you are in the area.  And for $9 for entrance, you can't believe what you will walk away with.
I was truly inspired and humbled.
And then it was back to the hotel to get ready for my dinner date at Gordon Biersch Brewery:
crab & artichoke dip, 7 oz sirloin with garlic fries, and a warm brownie sundae.
Thanks for a fun day, Louisville!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment